Visit Portobello is a platform to promote the community, businesses and activities in the Portobello and Golborne Area. Managed in partnership between Westway Trust, RBKC Street Trading Office, and Portobello and Golborne Management Committee (PGMC).
We are thrilled to hit 10,000 followers on the @VisitPortobello Instagram. To say thank you to all of our supporters and to celebrate this milestone, Visit Portobello launched a giveaway for one lucky Instagram follower to win one of the Union flags that used to hang across Portobello Road.
The Visit Portobello community has grown drastically since we began in August 2017.
Highlights from our journey
- August 2017 - The partnership began.
- August 2018 - Instagram account rebranded from @rbckmarkets to @visitportobello.
- August 2019 - visitportobello.com website, Facebook and Instagram launched.
- November 2019 - Our first Visit Portobello campaign - ‘Christmas stocking stuffers’ promoting local traders and businesses.
- March 2020 - RBKC Free Portobello WiFi introduced.
- July 2020 - Morley College & Visit Portobello hosted an online Craft Fair where artists’ work was showcased and available to purchase.
- September 2020 - Visit Portobello had our first virtual Antique Fair.
- October 2020 - DSCVR app launched for the Portobello and Golborne Market area, featuring a business directory and information about activities.
- December 2020 - We had a virtual Christmas fair and Antique Fair
- January 2021 – Our monthly newsletter launched, we had a virtual January Sale and a COVID-19 Shop Safely campaign
- February - April 2021 – Visit Portobello virtual Easter Egg Hunt
- March 2021 – We started doing Q&As so you can get to know traders and their business’. We created TikTok!
- June 2021 - Visit Portobello Instagram reaches 10K followers.
We are also very grateful to Jasmine and David, RBKC Street Trading Office Interns. They have done amazing work during the pandemic to ensure that the Visit Portobello vision continues to grow and support our community.
This is just the beginning for Visit Portobello, there are many more highlights to come.