Our 13 week Strengthening Families, Strengthening Communities for Parents in Kensington and Chelsea programme resumed in March 2021.
Muna Ali, Supplementary School's Partnership Manager at Westway Trust, delivers the course at the Venture Community Centre and covers:
- Development Stages from childhood to adolescence
- Causes of behaviour
- Childhood Characteristics
- Enhancing Parents/child Relationship
- Parents Modelling
- Anger Management
- Positive Discipline
- Family rules & Solution Building.
- Enhancing culture, Family & Spiritual Roots
- Community Involvement
- Violence Free healthy lifestyle
- Sharing Experience
- Making Friends
During week 11 of the course, the learners discussed roles for the following session’s community speakers. For week, 12 they will be ran half of the session as part of community connections.
Our next Strengthening Families, Strengthening Communities for Parents Programme will start in September 2021.