Together with Everyone Active, we're distributing £30,000 in sports bursaries for individuals and groups in 2021/22.
The bursary programme provides successful applicants with one of the following services from Everyone Active, delivered through either the Westway Sports & Fitness Centre or Westway Portobello Fitness Club:
- 12 month Gym Membership to use either Westway Sports & Fitness Centre (gym only) and Westway Portobello Fitness Club (gym and classes)
- Climbing - 6 months of NICAS Levels 1-3 (age 7-15)
- Annual membership (16+)
- Climbing - 6 months of Tiny tots (age5&6)
- Climbing - Beginners Climbing course + 1 month unlimited climbing
- Climbing - 10 x instructor private sessions
- Tennis - 1 Year of Pay & Play sessions for mini-red (age 5-8) and mini-orange (age 8-9) – 38 weeks from September to July
- Football - 1 Year of Football Skills programmes for ages 5-13 for 38 weeks, July to September
- Football - Contribution towards being part of Westway FC Youth Team (age u8-u12)
All applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Live in one of the five wards of North Kensington (Dalgarno, Colville, Notting Dale, St Helen's, Golborne)
- Demonstrate a commitment to sports and fitness/health
- Be in receipt of one or more of the following benefits, and be able to provide proof of benefits as outlined here
- Universal credit or Income Support
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- Job Seekers Allowance (JSA)
- Employment & Support Allowance (ESA)
- Disability Living Allowance
- Pension Credit
- Carers allowance
- Child tax credits
- Working tax credits
- Housing Benefit
- Council Tax Support
The application process:
The application process is managed through the Everyone Active website. Click here to be redirected to the online application form.
All applicants are asked to complete our Diversity Monitoring Form. The data you provide in this form is for monitoring purposes only and is not linked to your application in any way.
Please contact us if you require a paper copy of the application form.