Community Grant for Celebrations & Events
We want to support community celebrations and events, particularly those that give local talent a chance to be showcased. This fund is designed to receive applications for events and projects where this is either central to the activity or where there is a significant element of public engagement. We are pleased for this to be across any art form or theme important to the North Kensington communities.
Who we fund
We will fund local social enterprises, and charitable, voluntary and community organisations working within the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea (RBKC), with a particular focus on the communities living in North Kensington.
What we fund
The aim of the community investment grants programme is to provide assistance to many and therefore we are focusing on small amounts of funding for one off projects that can deliver meaningful benefits. These could be in economic, social or environmental terms for the area in and around North Kensington. Because these are small grants please focus your ideas and be realistic about what you can achieve. Our monitoring and reporting will be proportionate.
We will focus on making investments into the six key priority areas for the Trust, which were identified over the past year by social researchers Hatch Regeneris. These are:
1. Reducing isolation
2. Safe places for young people
3. Encouraging economic participation
4. The creative economy, arts and culture
5. Place and environment
6. Exercise and recreation
We are keen to encourage local groups to work collaboratively and because we want to extend our reach we are particularly keen to receive applications from those who may not have been supported by us recently.
There is no deadline to make your application, You can apply anytime for a community investment by completing our online application and providing supporting documentation. The fund will close once the available funds have been distributed.
To be eligible, your organisation must:
- Be a community organisation, charity or registered Community Interest Company (CIC) or a community group with a written constitution or governing document (i.e. articles of association).
- Operate in one of the five wards of North Kensington (Dalgarno, Colville, Notting Dale, St Helen's, Golborne)
We can not fund political or animal welfare organisations.
- Decisions will be based solely on the merits of the funding request and not necessarily dependent on the nature of any existing relationships with Westway Trust.
- You will be required to provide a report on funds distributed within 6 months of receipt.
To apply for the grant, you need to:
- Complete the short application form. Please contact us for a paper application form if you prefer.
- Provide evidence that you are a non-profit organisation with a presence within the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea (RBKC), with a particular focus on delivering projects or work that will benefit the North Kensington communities.