Westway Trust is excited to announce an inspiring initiative to support people in the local community develop their entrepreneurial skills. This initiative will support entrepreneurs to feel prepared to make the next step with their business, being that employing people, finding finance, going digital or fine-tuning marketing strategies.
As part of this initiative there will be:
- Subsidised pods, for at least 6 months
- Subsidised market stalls on Podobello, for at least 4 months
- Subsidised micro units, for at least 6 months
- Training to start their business, and/or to develop/grow their business
We are aiming in particular to support underrepresented groups in business, as research shows that Black, Asian and other Minority Ethnic groups, women and disabled entrepreneurs face additional barriers when starting a new business or operating an existing one.
Expressions of interest from local artists will take priority over others.
We need your help to create a new impactful branding to bring The Festival of African and Caribbean Entrepreneurship up to speed with its competitors.
- Reflect the vibrancy and diversity of the North Kensington community
- Reflect elements of entrepreneurship
- The branding will appear on our website, signage (posters, banners, pavement stickers), on social media posts (static images and multimedia content), and other printed materials. The design should be versatile and suitable for these uses.
- Branding should be separate to Community Street despite covering the same area and branding should be able to mark dedicated space in the public realm.
Not desired elements:
Use of graffiti
No use of flags
No use of maps
Tourists to Portobello Market
Shoppers with disposable income
21 August Expressions of interest close.
22 August Shortlisted designers selected for ideation
Week commencing 5 September Westway Trust marketing team to discuss design concepts and select designer.
£100 for initial design ideas for shortlisted candidates
An additional £750 for selected commission.
Submitting your application
Designers who are interested in pitching for this commission are invited to register their interest with links to previous work/portfolio/websites by using the form on this page. The designers who are selected for shortlisting will be paid upon delivery of initial design ideas. Designers retain their intellectual property. Payment provides Westway Trust with a licence to make full use (Eg in promotion or publication or further development) of the concepts and designs in perpetuity in relation to the Festival of African and Caribbean Entrepreneurship.