An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a charity with an ambitious and exciting vision set in the heart of Portobello, West London, supporting and enhancing the lives of people in the local community.
Westway Trust is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Manager: Learning who will be responsible for driving innovation in relation to life-long-learning programmes and training programmes, for both adult and children services, reflecting the diverse skills and personal development needs specific to the community and communities of North Kensington. You will also be responsible for managing a team of staff who will ensure the highest quality in accredited learning and skills development which enhance the employment chances of local people and which contribute to their well-being.
You will be a qualified and knowledgeable senior manager with strong and varied experience of operating within the Education and Charity sector. You will be a strategic thinker with strong communication, innovation and people skills.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- To oversee the management and delivery of our suite of Learning Programmes, including the Supplementary Schools Programme, the Parenting Programme, the Nursery Service and Pop-up Crèche service and the Adult Learning Programme, including English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL) and our Creative Learning courses.
- To be responsible for the line management of the Learning Managers.
- To ensure a learning strategy, including creative learning, that will drive the growth and development of new programmes covering learning, training and capacity building under the umbrella of life-long-learning.
- To lead strategic relationships and strategic work with the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea (RBKC) Education Team, ensuring that the Trust is a central and preferred provider within the Borough.
- To maintain an overview of learning and skills policy development, including a knowledge of national, London and Borough policies and emphasis.
- To develop partnerships and relationships with senior stakeholders across the learning and training sector, including the statutory sector and learning establishments, to further the work of the Trust.
- To attend the Executive Team as requested. To provide reports to Committees and for the Board of the Trust as requested.
- You will be responsible for upholding high standards in Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
Essential Experience, Skills and Attributes:
- Strong and varied experience of operating within the Education sector and the Charity sector and reporting in at a high level.
- Relevant qualifications or the equivalent.
- Substantial up-to-date knowledge and understanding, preferably gained through practical experience, of the National Curriculum and teaching and learning practice.
- Experience of successfully working collaboratively with partners and stakeholders to develop successful partnerships and achieve joint success against shared objectives.
- Experience of developing programmes and seeing them through to successful outcomes.
- Experience of managing staff and of supporting their development.
- Experience of developing Evaluation and Monitoring, including analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Experience of managing resources and budgets.
- Excellent interpersonal skills for both workplace and external representation contexts, operating with enthusiasm, flexibility, energy and commitment.
- The ability to effectively and enthusiastically represent the Trust within relevant sector forums.
- Resilience, empathy, enthusiasm and determination to achieve results.
- Demonstrable understanding of, commitment to, and promotion of equality of opportunities, diversity and inclusion.
To view the full job description click on 'job description' under 'Key Info' on the left hand side.
Benefits of working with us:
- Great location in the heart of Portobello, North Kensington
- Generous holiday entitlement of 25 days per year + statutory bank holidays
- Sick pay scheme
- Investor in People (IiP) employer
- Free gym membership at health club one minute walk from the office
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Season ticket / bicycle loan
- Free eye test voucher
The application deadline is Sunday 3 March when applications will be reviewed and shortlisted for interview. However, we reserve the right to close the application early (an early application is strongly recommended)