A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join Westway Trust as a Property Assistant, providing efficient and responsive administrative support across the full property team. You will be a friendly, motivated, and active administrator who will play a key role in the smooth running of the property department.
You will be pro-active, organised, with good initiative being the main point of contact responding to estate and property related enquiries and reports of issues, from tenants, customers, contractors and the community. You will therefore need to possess or demonstrate a willingness to provide a good level of customer service with property knowledge.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Provide efficient and effective administrative support across the Property team, including daily active filing, archiving, photocopying, scanning and record keeping.
- Initial point of contact for enquiries to the Property team.
- Provide a responsive customer service handling system to record such enquiries.
- Coordinating the general day-to-day activities of the Head of Property & Estates in relation to emails, posts, and voicemails.
- Assisting in the preparation and maintenance of property particulars, void reports, and reviewing property marketing websites for current information.
- Cross-referencing and managing the prospective tenant’s selection list with the historical enquiry list and alerting the team of any repeat/active enquiries.
- Regular visits to Trust premises to record any Health and Safety/Fire Risk Assessment breaches and reporting these to the appropriate Facilities Management team member.
- Assist with attending Unit Base Parking/Filming/Events on the estate, recording any infringements of agreements on site, and notifying the appropriate team member for further follow-on action.
- Preparing notification details for relevant authorities for entry and exit of tenants – rates, utilities, etc.
- Assisting with servicing property meetings (i.e., circulating papers, coordinating actions where required).
- Responsible for the recording of void premises and issuing of building keys.
- Occasionally provide assistance to the Trust’s reception/office manager for general office duties and reception cover if required.
Knowledge and Experience:
- A minimum of one year’s experience in a busy property department.
- A broad understanding of commercial property or demonstrable experience of transferable skills if you are from a different sector.
- Customer focused, with the ability to provide a friendly and efficient service to customers, staff and tenants.
- Good time management, attention to detail, organisational skills and the ability to work under pressure with changing priorities.
- Excellent administrative skills.
- High level IT skills and experience of using MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- A personable and collaborative approach, with experience of developing and maintaining positive relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Good communication skills, orally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a multi-cultural and diverse environment.
- Connections to/understanding of the local area would be highly desirable.
To view the full job description click on 'job description' under 'Key Info' on the left hand side.
Benefits of working with us:
- Great location in the heart of Portobello, North Kensington
- Generous holiday entitlement of 25 days per year + statutory bank holidays
- Sick pay scheme
- Investor in People (IiP) employer
- Free gym membership at health club one minute walk from the office
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Season ticket / bicycle loan
- Free eye test voucher
The application deadline is Sunday 10 March when applications will be reviewed and shortlisted for interview. However, we reserve the right to close the application early (an early application is strongly recommended)