Westway Trust is seeking an experienced Programme Manager to join their vibrant and diverse organisation based in North Kensington, London.
You will be a highly motivated Programme Manager able to take responsibility for the management and programming of the organisations spaces, including commercial properties and sites. You will ensure that the programmes and activities you are working on make a financial surplus that will then be reinvested into community led initiatives, in line with the organisations strategic plans.
You will need to possess experience of running for profit and not for profit projects or businesses and have commercial awareness and be motivated by economic development. You will have the ability to deal with a range of partners and have strong people management and customer service skills and experience, with an aptitude for working in a complex and fast changing environment.
Key responsibilities of the role include but not limited to:
- Understanding and promoting the economic development and growth of the initiatives under your management.
- Lead on commissioning, management, delivery and development of agreed projects that signal our intent with regard to economic prosperity, for example, managing the Trusts programme in relation to Carnival.
- With the facilities team, ensure compliance with contracts, agreements, and health and safety legislation in relation to your projects.
- Managing any partnership agreements and reporting against agreed outcomes and objectives.
- Maximising opportunities for new collaborations, including acting as an advocate.
- Curating new initiatives of all kinds in the Trusts spaces that will engage with the local community and others to further the overall strategic objectives of the Trust.
- Feed into fundraising ideas and investment ideas to maximise community benefit in support of economic prosperity.
- Provide management information as required for the Executive Team, Committees and the Board in relation to the projects for which you are responsible.
- Responsible for budget management and reporting.
- Degree Level or Equivalent
Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience of delivering events, venues or equivalent initiatives, preferably with a commercial focus.
- Experience in the management and delivery of projects/programmes to time and budget.
- Experience of managing and reporting on substantial budgets.
- Clear evidence of sound judgement and of an ability to evaluate options and make appropriate recommendations.
- Have good time management, organisational, communication and administrative skills with the ability to work under pressure.
- Strong team working and influencing skills with a keen eye for detail and presentation in all aspects of your work.
- Demonstrable understanding and commitment to equality and diversity.
To view the full job description click on 'job description' under 'Key Info' on the left hand side.
The application deadline is Thursday 15 June 2023 when applications will be reviewed and shortlisted for interview. However, we reserve the right to close the application early. An early application is strongly recommended.