Westway Trust is seeking an experienced and highly efficient Office Manager who will organise and coordinate office administration and procedures, in order to ensure organisational effectiveness, efficiency, and safety. You will also be responsible for the line management of the reception team and a small pool of sessional admin staff.
The successful Office Manager will be an energetic, organised and flexible professional who doesn't mind wearing multiple hats, often at the same time. Experienced in handling a wide range of administrative duties, able to work independently with little or no supervision, and will thrive on the administrative challenges of supporting a busy and diverse office, and will be committed to working for a charity supporting and enhancing the lives of people in the local community.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Overseeing the day-to-day smooth running of 1 Thorpe Close, including responding to requests and questions about office operations.
- Managing the office budget and ordering office supplies for 1 Thorpe Close.
- Ensure office efficiency is maintained by carrying out planning and execution of equipment procurement, layouts, and office systems, in partnership with the Property Team.
- Maintain a safe, secure and pleasant working environment by adhering to health and safety regulations.
- Supporting on the security of the office, including managing keys, building access fobs and alarms.
- Responsible for developing and implementing office policies, in partnership with HR, by setting up procedures and standards to guide the operation of the office.
- Oversee the maintenance and repair of office equipment and facilities.
- Ordering IT equipment and provide ad-hoc support for IT management and projects. A main point of contact for low-level IT issues.
- Line management of the Reception Team plus a small pool of sessional admin staff.
- Occasional reception cover, in the absence of one of your team members.
- Provide general support to visitors, including handling community inquiries and concerns with exemplary service and professionalism.
- Manage relationships with vendors and service providers for the reception area and 1 Thorpe Close ensuring that all items are invoiced and paid on time.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Two or more years of experience in office management.
- At least one year’s experience of line management.
- Full working knowledge of relevant policies/codes of practice/legislation.
- Strong time-management and people skills, high degree of flexibility, and excellent multitasking ability.
- Proven office management experience. Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and aptitude for learning new software and systems.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of the Trust’s information.
- Strong organisational and multitasking abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Confident and friendly personality.
- Good people skills and conflict resolution skills.
- Effective problem-solver.
- Detail-oriented, positive attitude, reliable and flexible with a commitment to excellent customer care.
- Demonstrable understanding and commitment to equal opportunities and diversity.
To view the full job description click on 'job description' under 'Key Info' on the left hand side.
Benefits of working with us:
- Great location in the heart of Portobello, North Kensington
- Generous holiday entitlement of 25 days per year + statutory bank holidays
- Sick pay scheme
- Investor in People (IiP) employer
- Free gym membership at health club one minute walk from the office
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Season ticket / bicycle loan
- Free eye test voucher
The application deadline is Sunday 10 March 2024 when applications will be reviewed and shortlisted for interview. However, we reserve the right to close the application early (an early application is strongly recommended)