An exciting role has arisen to join our community-guided organisation, with an ambitious and exciting vision, in the heart of Portobello, West London.
You will be an experienced and motivated Maintenance Technician who will undertake planned and reactive maintenance and property refurbishment works on the Trust’s 23 acre estate in a pro-active manner and in accordance with statutory obligations and/or best practice. You will also ensure that all Health and Safety requirements are met during works and that all documentation pertaining to works are kept up-to-date and filed appropriately. You will also serve as point of contact between Westway Trust Facilities Manager and external contractors, ensuring compliance where required.
Key responsibilities of the role include but not limited to:
- Promote and work as part of the maintenance team in identifying maintenance and repair requirements across Trust estate.
- Lead on any carpentry-specific maintenance, to ensure a suitable, cost effective solution.
- Carry out planned and unplanned maintenance works and implement planned maintenance programmes across Trust estate, using initiative to ensure jobs are completed on time and within budget, including fire safety and Legionella Control.
- Carry out refurbishment works on any vacant offices or units, as directed by property department.
- Carry out appropriate mechanical, electrical and fabric repairs across Trust estate as required.
- Complete and maintain service records as per the statutory requirements, keeping records up to date and ready for review.
- Carry out and write risk assessments and method statements for any maintenance works to be carried out and ensure that all risk assessments are reviewed annually or as required.
- Provide access for contractors and utility providers as required. Induct and supervise contractors on site with regard to health and safety procedures, site rules and quality of work.
- Ensure full compliance with Health and Safety regulations relating to work place and working practices.
- Assist the Westway Trust Fire Officer in the inspection and maintenance of fire exits, fire safety equipment and emergency lighting tests, reporting any faults to the Facilities Manager.
- Work closely with the grounds and gardens team and all operational staff to ensure that the estate as a whole is maintained to a high standard of repair.
- Assist Facilities Manager in compiling site specific FM budgets, providing technical advice with regards to job specifications and estimates Budget control and effective and efficient facility management programme. Obtain quotes from contractors/suppliers as required.
- Assist with office moves as required.
Knowledge and Experience:
- H&S experience/qualification.
- Electrical, carpentry and plumbing experience/qualification.
- Experience of working across a multiple site facility.
- A strong understanding of health and safety implications.
- Risk assessment and risk management awareness/experience.
- Experience of working within a customer service environment.
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplined team.
To view the full job description click on 'job description' under 'Key Info' on the left hand side.
There is a rolling deadline for this position. We encourage applicants to submit their application as soon as possible, as this vacancy may be withdrawn at any time. An early application is therefore strongly recommended.