An excellent opportunity has arisen to join Westway Trust as a Lettings Officer.
Westway Trust is a charity established by a local community campaign that won the stewardship of the 23-acres of space under the Westway flyover. Westway Trust works together with the local community to enable North Kensington to thrive. We dedicate ourselves to supporting this vibrant community to achieve social, environmental and economic wellbeing and justice. The estate is home to more than 120 tenants including more than 20 charities and non-profit organisations, 2 sports and fitness facilities, 48 light industrial units, 34 offices, 32 shops, community stables, a skate park and three acres of public green space.
You will be a highly motivated and experienced administrator with experience of or willing to learn fast about commercial marketing and lettings and looking for a new challenge. You will be an integral member of the Property team who will lead on supporting our organisation with the increasing demand for space on our estate, engaging with the community and prospective tenants and generating income for the Trust. You will also actively market and let a variety of vacant spaces.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Proactively market all our spaces.
- Develop a marketing and lettings strategy in line with the Trust’s Asset Management Strategy.
- Liaise with stakeholders and tenants to support businesses and the local economy.
- Undertake the review and selection of suitable tenants and the negotiation of terms.
- Review and approve lease/licence and other similar legal documentation.
- Establish and maintain systems for the selection of tenants and monitoring and evaluation.
- Commercial Property Management qualification ideal or related qualification/experience.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience in dealing with Landlord & Tenant matters, in a similar or equivalent role across complex property portfolios, in particular the retail sector.
- Involvement in commercial property transactions and tenancies in a commercial or community environment.
- Have good time management, organisational, communication and administrative skills with the ability to work under pressure.
- Understanding of the local area and its social, cultural and political heritage would be highly desirable.
To view the full job description click on 'job description' under 'Key Info' on the left hand side.
The application deadline is Sunday 16 October when applications will be reviewed and shortlisted for interview. However, we reserve the right to close the application early. An early application is strongly recommended.