Westway Trust is seeking an experienced Grants & Impact Manager who will be responsible for shaping, delivering, monitoring and reporting on Westway Trust’s portfolio of grants programmes. This role is well-suited to a versatile person who will thrive in a small organisation where adaptability and a proactive approach are valued. You will be required to deliver on existing plans and strategies as well as playing a key role in the development, design and continuous improvement of grants programmes, to align with the strategic purpose of Westway Trust and reaching those in most need.
Westway Trust is a charity that was established to steward the 23-acres of space under the Westway flyover and works together with the local community to enable North Kensington to thrive. We dedicate ourselves to the social, environmental and economic wellbeing of this vibrant community. To deliver our ambitions we work with over 60 member organisations ranging from community groups and residents' associations to schools and sports clubs, as well as other local groups and people.
The estate is home to more than three acres of public green space, 120 tenants including more than 20 charities and non-profit organisations, two sports and fitness facilities, 48 light industrial units, 34 offices, 32 shops, community stables and a skate park.
By working with local people we want North Kensington to continue to be a place where everyone has the opportunity to be physically active; participate in arts and culture; get the economic opportunities they deserve; and live in a green and healthy environment.
You will be a strong project manager, willing to question and learn about the best way to do things. You will be comfortable picking up new subject areas and digesting many inputs to improve our practices as a grantmaker and as a catalyst for positive change. You will also have excellent relationship building skills, and are excited by the prospect of building trusted relationships with Westway Trust’s stakeholders and partners.
Key responsibilities of the role include but not limited to:
- Build, grow and develop key relationships with funders, referrers and consultants locally to ensure Westway trust’s grants portfolio is fit for purpose and reaching those in most need.
- Make recommendations to Westway Trust’s Charitable Purposes Committee regarding the development and continuous improvement of Westway Trust’s grants programmes, in alignment with the strategic direction of Westway Trust
- Ensure the delivery of grant programs you are leading is fair, transparent and inclusive and the programme reaches a broad range of organisations/individuals.
- Ensure data is collected in a robust and timely manner.
- Develop and maintain relationships with grant recipients.
- Provide all necessary support to grant applicants.
- Facilitate grant review panel meetings and events
- Acting as the first point of contact for grant enquiries.
- Ensuring the Trust is represented at funders’ fairs and other relevant events.
- Entering data on the grant management system in accordance with the Trust’s processes.
- Accurately processing applications to issue grant agreements and payments to funded groups.
- Visit applicants and funded groups, as required.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum three years’ experience working in a grant-making environment.
- Previous experience shaping and influencing grant-making programmes.
- A deep understanding of the grant-making ecosystem in North Kensington, London and the UK.
- Demonstrable experience of managing projects, contracts or grants, including evaluation and learning.
- Proficient in the use of a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, particularly in relation to using data to demonstrate impact.
- Experience of gathering, understanding and presenting complex information in a clear, concise way.
- Understanding of grant making procedure and ability to evaluate options and make recommendations on issues is desirable.
- Experience of developing and working with external stakeholders / partners.
- Friendly, outgoing and self-motivated with good interpersonal skills.
- Organised and energetic with good time-management and attention to detail.
- Team working and influencing skills with an eye for detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines, handle peaks in workload and work calmly under pressure.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
To view the full job description click on 'job description' under 'Key Info' on the left hand side.
Benefits of working with us:
- Great location in the heart of Portobello, North Kensington
- Investor in People (IiP) employer
- Generous holiday entitlement of 25 days per year + statutory bank holidays
- Free gym membership at health club one minute walk from the office
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- Sick pay scheme
- Season ticket / bicycle loan
- Free eye test voucher
The application deadline is 7 December 2023 when applications will be reviewed and shortlisted for interview. However, we reserve the right to close the application early. An early application is strongly recommended.