Westway Trust is seeking a highly successful and experienced Facilities Manager to join our thriving organisation based in North Kensington.
You will be responsible for the management of Westway Trust’s facilities maintenance team and the procurement and management of sub-contractors in order to maintain the Trust's property and building maintenance working practices enabling continuous delivery of high quality service to the Trust.
You will be proficient in dealing with Health & Safety matters in line with legislation, ensuring compliance with regulations are met and properly documented. You will ensure that the facilities maintenance team maintains the Trust’s properties in a pro-active, cost effective, efficient and responsive manner, in accordance with statutory obligations and best practice.
You will need to have the right blend and balance of technical and practical skills, legislative and commercial awareness, people management and facilities maintenance strategy formulation and delivery skills. You will also be committed to working for a charity supporting and enhancing the lives of people in the local community.
Key responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Actively procure and manage contracts and services providers.
- Management of hard & soft services.
- Managing the facilities maintenance team and subcontractors for organising day-to-day and reactive maintenance of Trust’s properties.
- Provide plant and asset performance reports to support future CAPEX projects.
- Responsible for the preparation and management of service charge budgets.
- Preparation of Risk Assessments and Method statements.
- Develop a programme for improving the efficiency of plant across the Estate.
- Liaison with the Trust’s Property Management Team, to programme refurbishment works and ensure its delivery in a timely manner.
- Facilities Management qualification or relevant experience. Formal H&S qualification.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience of managing facilities across a diverse property portfolio.
- Demonstrable experience of the procurement of contractors and service providers for both hard & soft services.
- Demonstrable experience of successfully managing a team.
- Experience of managing sub-contractor relationships and supply chain management within a multi-faceted operation.
- Experience in health and safety and risk management.
- Working knowledge of statutory compliance within the facilities environment.
- Detailed operational understanding of facilities maintenance and building services within a client focused environment.
- Experience in the development and management of PPM programmes.
- Experience in the understanding of COSHH.
- Understanding of EPC requirements.
- Experience of budget and project management.
To view the full job description click on 'job description' under 'Key Info' on the left hand side.
The application deadline is Wednesday 7 June 2023 when applications will be reviewed and shortlisted for interview. However, we reserve the right to close the application early. An early application is strongly recommended.