Westway Trust is seeking a highly motivated Caretaker who will be passionate about developing and maintaining high standards of security and presentation of buildings across the 23 acres of estate, to ensure continuity of the use of the buildings and grounds for tenants and community use. This role will be critical to ensuring management of a vibrant, diverse and thriving estate.
You will be an enthusiastic individual with a good level of customer service who will have the ability to deal confidently with tenants and the general public.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Responsible for light maintenance and housekeeping duties across the Trust’s buildings and estate.
- Perform simple repairs and maintenance tasks as required.
- Conduct security checks of the Trust’s properties across the estate, involving opening buildings and locking all doors and windows when not in operation.
- Inspecting buildings, including heating, cooling, lighting and alarm systems to make sure they are in good working order.
- Work with the Grounds & Gardens team to ensure Westway Trust’s land remains clean and tidy at all times (fly-tipping/bins/parking).
- Preparing rooms for meetings and events, including the moving of equipment such as tables and chairs.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Three years of working with a property team or as a caretaker or in a similar role.
- Good understanding of technical information, building construction and design.
- Practical ability to use and maintain tools.
- Experience of working in public open spaces.
- Good knowledge of the local area would be particularly helpful
To view the full job description click on 'job description' under 'Key Info' on the left hand side.
The application deadline is Monday 10 April 2023 when applications will be reviewed and shortlisted for interview. However, we reserve the right to close the application early. An early application is strongly recommended.